Thursday, September 24, 2009

Did you know fruits and vegetables...

Did you know that eating fruits and vegetables helps generate its own aspirin inside your body?

It's said that salicylic acid, which is the key component in the anti-inflammatory found in aspirin, has been found in the body through only fruits and vegetables, and has been acting as its own anti-inflammatory in the body.

Salicylic acid has been found in the blood of people who haven't been taking aspirin, and especially vegetarians, according to a recent study. This has not been completely proven, but when the scientists decided to inject benzoic acid which is also a natural acid in fruits into the subjects to see if it also helped produce the salicylic acid, their results reiterated what the y originally believed. So they concluded that, yes fruits and vegetables could indeed be considered a body bioregulator, and get the body back to it's norm (help it ease the pain like aspirin does).

believe it or not?

11 comments:

  1. sierra. That is very interesting how fruits and vegtables have one more reason to be considered a healthy choice of food. I knew bananas did something for your muscles and that professional sports teams eat fruit in the middle of games. Not sure if my knowledge quit relates to your fact. Either way painkillers like aspirin and advil have been abused by mislead athletes for to long and if fruit and vegetables might slow down this silly trend I am all for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra, I really enjoy your blog. It is very interesting that vegetables may have their own anti-inflammatory ingredient as aspirin. I would like to hear if this is proven when they find out. I really liked the layout too, the background works really well with the text and the pictures. Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra, I had no idea that vegetables made its own aspirin. I guess just eating vegatbles is a cure in its self for headaches and other pain. I like how the web page was designed. All of the colors work together and your picture is great. Well done and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that fruits and vegetables help produce a natural anti-inflammatory in the human body. This was both an interesting and informative topic to blog about. I liked that you provided a link to the study in your blog. Now that I know what fruits and veggies do for me I'll eat more than usual. Ill be interested to hear more about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very interesting blog and I did not that fruit and vegetables can make their own natural aspirin. I wish more could be know from this experiment. Although it is a short blog, it is very informative and precise. I also like your layout and background. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I knew fruits and veggies were good for you but I didn't know they were THAT good for you! I'm honestly not surpried though. most people who eat lots of fruits and veggies are all-around healthier. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this blog was interesting.....I love the picture it was very entertaining....job well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sierra, I love your blog. It is very informative and interesting. I would have never guessed that fruits and veggies were extra good for you. I hope to read more topics like this one. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this! that's so interesting! i enjoy reading little "did you know" articles and this was just so cool, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is great I will defiantly eat a lot more fruit now. I look foward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete